Monday, December 21, 2015

2 Dinners for 2

Dinner time in the Patel household is always a battle between the vegetarians and the meat eater. Even though I eat meat I prefer to make something vegetarian for dinner because my son is a vegetarian and I personally am not that big of a fan of meat myself. My husband on the other hand is the biggest carnivore you will ever meet and needs some form of meat for dinner everyday. To make everyone happy I just decided to start making 2 different meals most nights. I know the struggle is real but quick fixes are my savior. Here's a chicken wing recipe that takes mins to make and theres no complaints from the husband.


Jeera Chicken Wings



1 pack chicken wings (about 12 wings)
1 tbs ground cumin powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala 
1 1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp ginger 
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lime
cilantro (handful to garish)
oil 1-2 tbsp
salt to taste


I like to remove the fat from the wings but if you like to keep it on then just leave it on, wash the wings and pat dry. Heat oil in a frying pan on med then add cumin powder and seeds, once brown lower the heat to low and add all of the spices in. Cook spices only for a couple of mins on low then add in chicken and stir well. Cover the pan and cook for 30 mins on med stirring occasionally, then uncover and turn the heat up to high and cook for another 5mins to brown the wings. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.











1 comment: