Thursday, December 17, 2015

Feisty Frosty

After Thanksgiving I decided to give my photographer a call to set up Christmas pictures for my lil man. To my surprise she was booked till February (yes she's that good). What is a girl to do? Well me being me I decided take them myself,  I owned a SLR camera so it should be easy right? Boy was I WORNG! Little man decided that he was not having it. After reapplying his face paint about 10 times and finally getting him to sit still for about 2 mins we got the perfect pictures. I plan on taking them myself every year from now on, it was totally worth the hassle!! If you decide to do a DIY photoshoot with your little one here are a few tips that made it a little easier for me.


  1.  Give your little one a prop related to your theme, it will keep them entertained and even if they're not looking into the camera you can still use the picture (ex. ornament, present, holly)
  2. Try taking the pictures outdoors, you won't have to worry about lighting and nothing beats natural light. 
  3. Take the pictures in a different atmosphere. I learned this the hard way, I tried taking the pics at home and all he wanted to do was go play with his toys.
  4. Best time to take the pics are right after a nap, so they're not fussy or tired.
  5. Dont tackle this alone, take a spouse, family member or friend. When I did the failed photoshoot at home I tried to do it alone and lord was it hard. The next day I took my husband with me and it was so much easier, I took the pictures while he wrangled the little one.


 Here they are ready for.........Christmas Card 2015







*FYI- Top hat made by me, I looked everywhere for a christmas top hat and it seemed impossible to find so I busted out the glue gun, leftover garland, red ribbon, and a plain black hat and there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment