Friday, December 11, 2015

Healthy Start

From the day I found out I was pregnant I decided to start making little changes in my diet to maintain a healthy lifestyle not only for myself but for my son also. Knowing me I couldn't do anything drastic, those diets never seem to work for me so  I took some of my favorite recipes and swapped out the bad for the good.  Here's a lasagna recipe that my lil man loves and its easy to make with very few ingredients.



 ZUCCHINI LASAGNA 

Zucchini- 3 med size
Onions- 1/2
Mushrooms- 4-5
Bell pepper- 1/2
Mozzarella Cheese- 1 cup
Marinara Sauce- 1cup
Italian Seasoning- 1 1/2 tsp
Garlic- 2 cloves
Crushed Pepper- to taste
Salt/ Pepper- to taste
Olive oil- 1tbsp

* You can change the amount of ingredients to your taste, I'm just giving you an idea of how much of every ingredient I used*


Cut zucchini into slices (make sure they're  not too thin). Heat frying pan on med and sauté zucchini on both sides, the goal is to dry out some of the liquid that the zucchini releases but be sure not to over cook them, you still want some texture to them, once done set the slices aside to cool. Chop veggies and sauté in the same pan with olive oil and spices, cook till tender. In a casserole dish layer the ingredients starting with a little bit of sauce followed by the zucchini, sautéed veggies, and cheese. Once layered cover with foil and bake on 350 for 15 mins then uncover and bake for another 15-20 mins.







No comments:

Post a Comment